Thanks to the Microsoft Web Platform Installer (WebPI) setting up WordPress and MySQL on your Cytanium Windows VPS hosting solution is a breeze. Maintaining the MySQL database can be a challenge without a decent toolset, but thanks to phpMyAdmin, it is very easy. Best of all phpMyAdmin is free!
To install phpMyadmin on your Cytanium VPS just follow these simple steps:
- Setup a new web site in IIS
- Download the latest version of phpMyAdmin to your server
- Unzip the contents to the root folder of the new site you created
- Browse the new site and you’ll see the phpMyAdmin login
- Enter root username and password of your MySQL instance
After logging in you’ll be able to be able to do a wide variety of admin tasks such as add new databases, export and retore databases, run queries.
Using phpMyAdmin to manage the MySQL on your Windows VPS makes life a lot easier, and saves a ton of time from having to mess with the MySQL command-line. If you don’t already have it installed, you should really consider checking it out. If you don’t have a Windows VPS solution yet, check out Cytanium’s aggressively low-priced Windows VPS hosting options.